Saturday, March 31, 2012

Make-Up Table

MakeUp7
One of my goals for this year was to get ORGANIZED.  I know it will be a daily/monthly challenge.  When I think about the things I need to organize, I feel like everything is just a mess!  But really, I just don’t seem to have the time to keep everything in the correct place.  I don’t know what to call it, my hubby says “Lazy”, I say HaHa.


Anyway, I was feeling bad that hubby had to work on Saturday, so I thought I would surprise him and actually get something “small” done without telling him first.
Somehow, we end up sharing my make-up table, he sits there to shave his head and trim his beard. I think he also leaves a mess, but as you can tell, I do my own fair share.  I mean how am I supposed to find anything?


OK, so here is the before (don’t judge me to harshly)
MakeUp Table1MakeUp2
MakeUp3





I know it is HORRIBLE, 1st off, I took everything out of the drawers and threw away all of the old stuff & trash (how it ends up here, I don’t know).


I bought these drawer organizers @ TJ Maxx for 2.99/each – how can you beat that price and the square containers from Dollar Tree set of 3.


MakeUp4
MakeUp5

Then I went back and put back the items that I kept.  What a difference it makes.


MakeUp6

And I know that once you put everything where it belongs, things look BETTER!


MakeUp7

I’m going to TRY to keep this clean.  I did clean out 1 drawer for Hubby to keep his “stuff” in.  I think this will be a mutual effort.


What have you organized lately?


Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Take the word 'try' out of your dictionary!!! "there is no try, do or do not" as Yoda says!!

    I am still a work in progress on getting rid of that word but your table and drawers look GREAT!!!
    This is on my radar - for the spring/summer months - I will be fixing, cleaning, organizing and making this house a home. A place to relax and escape to. Right now, it feels like a dump truck came and left a load..... and as you can see, a few minutes of effort look FANTASTIC!!

    You can keep the clutter off this. It will only take a few days to change the old habit to a new one, but you can do it!!! (and so can I!) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have actually kept it clean which is a major event around my house. I have more organization to still do and a lot of projects to get done around the house.

      Delete